Affirmations are statements you repeat to yourself to change your beliefs. They can help in many different areas including weight loss.
You don’t have to believe in the more spiritual reasons to see that affirmations can work for weight loss. Everyone who wants to get in shape can benefit from these weight loss affirmations.
Do weight loss affirmations work?
As a human, you inevitably hear or deduce beliefs from the people around you, the radio, the television,… The more you hear a statement the more credible it becomes. Even if your life would be better if you didn’t believe that.
In the context of weight loss an example of a bad belief would be “healthy foods can’t be tasty” or “something has to taste good for me to eat it”.
If you would believe both of those statements your weight loss journey would not go very well. Affirmations can help you get out of those negative beliefs or at least stop them from guiding your actions.
Affirmations won’t magically help you lose weight but they can help to make the right choices easier. Losing weight isn’t all about knowing what to do. It’s also about actually sticking to your plan.
You use these 152 weight loss affirmations by reading or saying them out loud. Ideally, you do this once a day or more.
- Food is fuel, not entertainment.
- Healthy food is the most tasty food there is.
- Eating something multiple times doesn’t make it less tasty.
- Urges always pass. Observe and ignore the bad ones. Act on the good ones.
- Food is nutrition, not something you turn to for emotions.
- I nourish my body with healthy, whole, fresh food.
- The past does not equal the future.
- I am making permanent changes for permanent weight loss.
- I am not my feelings and cravings.
- I am filled with energy.
- I am becoming lighter and leaner.
- I am willing to change.
- I eat to nourish my body.
- I release the past and let it go.
- My energy is increasing every day.
- I am strong and healthy.
- I choose to drink more water and stay hydrated.
- I am healthy and happy.
- I love to find fun ways to exercise on a regular basis.
- I enjoy eating more fruits and vegetables.
- I am becoming stronger and slimmer every day.
- I eat natural foods.
- I am grateful for my health.
- I am open to new ways of eating.
- I am patiently impatient, I take action but I know things take time.
- I choose foods that truly nourish me.
- I am becoming lighter and stronger every day.
- I enjoy taking good care of myself.
- I can do anything I set my mind to.
- I enjoy working out.
- My actions and behavior support my perfect weight.
- I am flexible.
- I listen to my body but understand it doesn’t always send the right signals.
- I enjoy a variety of wholesome foods.
- Change comes easily to me.
- I am enthusiastic and decisive.
- I love and care for my body.
- I welcome new healthy habits.
- I focus on the good.
- I allow myself to be happy.
- I am relaxed and at peace.
- I love the taste of healthy food.
- I arrange my life for the new, leaner me.
- I learn new ways easily.
- I am excited about my new way of being lighter.
- I love foods that are filled with nutrients.
- I am competent and capable.
- I treat myself in fun and healthy ways.
- I am a weight-loss master.
- I ask for help and support easily when I need it.
- I face both good and bad feelings with ease.
- I am confident and courageous.
- I embrace change.
- I am glowing with health and energy.
- I can master my weight now and forever.
- I am ready to release any extra weight.
- I release extra weight that no longer serves me.
- I am in the process of creating a healthier me.
- Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.
- Change is good for me.
- I make healthy choices.
- I release extra weight easily.
- Losing weight comes naturally for me.
- I am happily achieving my weight loss goals.
- I am losing weight every day.
- I now clearly see myself at my ideal weight.
- I am in control of how much I eat.
- I am becoming fitter and stronger every day through exercise.
- I am easily reach and maintain my ideal weight.
- I deserve to have a slim, healthy, attractive body.
- I am developing more healthy eating habits all the time.
- I do what it takes to be healthy.
- I choose to exercise.
- I want to eat foods that make me look and feel good.
- I am responsible for my health.
- I am happily exercising every morning when I wake up so that I can reach the weight loss that I have been wanting.
- Success means making progress towards a healthier weight and lifestyle. Success is not only reaching my goal.
- I easily achieve my water drinking goals every day.
- Making time for myself allows me to be a better person for the people around me.
- My lifestyle diet changes are changing my body.
- I celebrate my own power to make choices around food.
- I am willing to create new thoughts about my self and my body.
- I am a weight loss success story.
- I am delighted to be the ideal weight for me.
- It’s easy for me to follow a healthy food plan.
- I deserve to be at my ideal weight.
- I maintain my body with optimal health.
- I am the creator of my future and the driver of my mind.
- I let go of unhelpful patterns of behavior around food.
- I allow myself to make choices and decisions for my higher good.
- I let go of any guilt I hold around food choices.
- I believe in myself and acknowledge my greatness.
- I will hit my weight loss goal.
- I may fall off track but I will never quit.
- One unhealthy bite doesn’t mean the end of the day.
- If I fall off track I immediately get back on track.
- 1 hiccup does not mean the end of my weight loss journey.
- I didn’t gain weight overnight so it’s normal that I don’t lose everything in one day.
- Going slower than I wanted doesn’t mean I quit.
- I’m proud of all the positive changes I’ve made until now.
- I eat healthier as a gift to myself.
- I only compare myself to the person I was yesterday, no-one else.
- Going to the gym and exercising makes me feel well rounded and accomplished and the benefits I receive from exercise are incredible. I feel amazing every day.
- My healthier habits get easier and easier to do every day.
- There are no failures, only learning experiences.
- The only way to fail is to give up.
- I am saying no to foods and habits that don’t get me to my goals.
- I am patient with myself and my body.
- I am transforming my lifestyle into a healthy way of living.
- I have the power to change my body.
- I believe in my ability to lose weight.
- I’m determined to lose weight.
- I lose body fat easily and effortlessly.
- I deserve to feel good.
- People around me respect me for making a positive change.
- I am very proud to be free of imagining what others are thinking and saying about me. This is not true and being free of thinking it makes me happy.
- I am grateful and proud of the progress I’ve made.
- Weight is not the only way to make progress.
- My weight will go up and down. I don’t value individual measurements too much.
- I am discovering delicious new foods that make me healthier.
- Achieving my weight loss goal becomes easier every day.
- I am proud of myself for choosing a healthier lifestyle.
- I am surrounded by people who encourage and support me.
- After a hard workout, I feel incredibly proud of my accomplishment.
- I am delighted that my clothes are beginning to fit better.
- I am beginning to see a new, leaner me in the mirror.
- Fitness is becoming a passion that I enjoy.
- Everywhere I look I find others excited about losing weight.
- It’s easy to find quick ways to burn extra calories every day.
- Losing weight makes me feel more confident and comfortable in my own skin.
- My excess fat is melting away to reveal my strong, lean muscles.
- I am giving myself the strong, healthy body I deserve.
- I deserve to live a happy, healthy life.
- I appreciate my commitment to do something good for me.
- I focus on the things that I can do to lose weight, not the things that hold me back.
- I choose progress over perfection, and I am at peace.
- Feeling tired while exercising does not mean I have to slow down or stop.
- I can resist poor eating habits when I choose to.
- I love how good my body feels when I exercise.
- I am creating a body that I enjoy living in.
- I celebrate the joy of feeling more vital, alive, and attractive.
- I am falling in love with my new body and my new life!
- Everything I do and eat has an impact on my health. I choose to do and eat the things that have a positive impact.
- Everything I eat nourishes and strengthens my body and mind.
- I enjoy the feeling of well-being my changes are giving me.
- I accept mistakes and learn from them.
- I am not afraid to say no when I need to.
- It does not matter what other people say or do. What matters is how I choose to react and what I choose to believe about myself.
- I let go of all negativity that rests in my body and mind. I choose to be positive and surround myself with positive people.
- I don’t need motivation to do the things that are necessary to lose weight.
- I make healthy habits “musts” instead of “shoulds”.
- I don’t skip planned workouts.
How to get more out of your affirmations
There are a few things you can do to get more out of your weight loss affirmations.
Are you an “I will” person?
One study suggests that some people do better with “I will” statements than “I am” statements (1). So for example you might do better with “I will eat healthy food” instead of “I eat healthy food”.
This requires a bit of editing of the affirmations but that might be worth it.
Weight loss audio affirmations
Some people do better when they hear the weight loss affirmations in audio format. It can be particularly good if you hear yourself saying it.
This is easy to do. You just get your phone out and take 5 minutes out of your day to record. There are even people that listen to audio like this when they sleep. You can do that it if doesn’t mess with your sleep quality.
Make your selection
Ideally you want to read or say your weight loss affirmations at least once a day.
This list might be a bit long for that. You can pick the weight loss affirmations that resonate the most with you and leave the others for now. You can bookmark this page and return to them later if you need to.